TAO Volunteer Opportunities
- TAO is always looking for volunteers to support various initiatives. We welcome participation in the following from both TAO members and non members alike:
- Assemble gift bags for our Comfort Bag program which distributes small gift bags to transplant candidates and recipients during hospital stays.
- Media communications. Participate in developing media initiatives which promote awareness of TAO as an organization and its activities, and in continuing development of the organization's website content.
- Volunteers for our Blanket program make fleece blankets for distribution to transplant patients in the hospital.
- Participate in our Fundraising events .
- Contribute an article to the TAO newsletter, The Transplant Times.
- TAO is also interested in identifying individuals who would like to become members and join the TAO Board.
If you have an interest in volunteering time with TAO please email us.
Transplant Related Volunteer Opportunities
- The Friends of Strong Visitation Program which provide an opportunity for volunteers to visit with patients on the transplant floor at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Information on this program can be found here.
- The Friends of Strong also has opportunities for volunteers to staff the Transplant Clinic Program where transplant recipients provide support to candidates being evaluated for transplant.
- Both the Lions Eye Bank at Rochester and Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network (FLDRN) need volunteers to staff Blood Drives, Health Fairs, and other community events including presentations on the importance of organ donation at local schools and colleges.